Saturday, March 26, 2011
Very interesting stuff. $30 for unlimited without tethering or $45 for 4GB of data and tethering is the choice some jailbreakers are seemingly going to have to make very soon.
Only AT&T knows how they are doing they detection and they aren't telling. So far it seems that no one who isn't tethering via jailbreak has got the notice, so at least AT&T's method is apparently accurate.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Update: I just updated to Firefox 4.0. One extension needed to be updated. The rest worked as is. I didn't "lose" any. So far I've found no downside to the update.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
NCAA March Madness On Demand
I can't personally review Android Apps, but for those of the Android persuasion, here is a link:
NCAA March Madness Android Apps
1) Not to sure just how green this is, but as far as personal transportation and enhanced coolness is concerned it seems like a winner to me. I liked the original Segway and still would like to try one; this is Honda’s answer to that market. The idea of having one that folds up into its own suitcase size for security, being hands free and in a sitting position, and with total portability it seems like a winner to me, now I want to try them both. http://www.youtube.com
2) Here is an interesting article illustrating a currently developing problem regarding world food production as related to economics, and supply distribution. This seems like it can only get worse as world energy systems become more and more stressed. http://www.nytimes.com/
3) This is the best educational site I have seen, watch the video with a Bill Gates cameo at the end. I think I also saw an interview with Mr. Gates on Charlie Rose online talking about the academy if you want to look for it. http://www.khanacademy.org/
4) Here we go again with Star Trek technology coming into being. It appears we now have a tractor beam, to go with all of the other goodies of the last few years. I can’t wait to see what is next. http://www.bbc.co.uk
5) I like search engines so when I saw this and thought about all of those manuals and stuff in PDF’s I have looked for over the years, it sounded like a good idea so I added it to my search folder and thought I would pass it along here. http://www.pdfdetective.com/
RSA strongly urges customers to follow both these overall recommendations and the recommendations available in the best practices guides linked to this note.
We recommend customers increase their focus on security for social media applications and the use of those applications and websites by anyone with access to their critical networks.
We recommend customers enforce strong password and pin policies.