Friday, January 07, 2011
Buy.com has the Kingston HyperX Blu 2GB DDR3 1600MHz 240-pin (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (KHX1600C9AD3B1/2G) for $30 - $10 rebate [Exp 1/11] = $20 with free shipping. Features 1600MHz memory speed.
Yugster.com has the refurbished Dell Optiplex GX620 Dual Core 2.8GHz Desktop for $215 - $5 off with coupon code YUGSAVE5/25 + $10 shipping = $220 shipped. Features Intel Dual Core 2.8GHz, 2GB DDR2, 500GB HDD, CD-RW Drive, and Windows XP Professional
SuperBiiz has the Super Talent 16GB Express Duo USB 3.0 Flash Drive for $29 - $4 off with coupon code HELLO2011 [Exp 1/10] = $25 with free shipping. A fully backwards compatible USB 3.0 flash drive with a single storage partition.
Newegg has the PNY Optima 8GB (2 x 4GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Laptop Memory (MN8192KD3-1066) for $95 - $20 rebate [Exp 1/31] = $70 with free shipping. Free Sony movie download included.
Newegg has the SIIG JK-WR0212-S1 USB 104 Normal Keys 2.4GHz Wireless Standard Multimedia Keyboard and Mouse for $40 - $20 rebate [Exp 1/10] = $20 with free shipping. Includes a free SIIG AC-LG0012-S1 USB LED Light with purchase. Features water resistant design, 18 hotkeys for shortcuts to programs and multimedia control, and a detachable palm rest
Newegg has the Samsung SH-S223L 22X SATA DVD Burner SATA for $17 with free shipping. Features SATA 1.5Gbps data transfer rate
$50 price drop. Abes of Maine has the ASUS UL20FT-A1 12.1" Core i3 Notebook (Silver) for $600 - $100 rebate [Exp 1/31] = $500 with free shipping. Intel Core i3-330UM 1.20GHz, 2GB DDR3, 320GB HDD 12.1" (1366x768) LED LCD, Windows 7 HP x64, 6-cell Li-ion
TigerDirect offers the 5.5-lb. HP 620 Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz 15.6" Widescreen Notebook, model no. XT964UT#ABA, for $439.99. Coupon code "CDX16765" knocks it to $409.99. With $4.78 for shipping, Intel Core 2 Duo T6670 2GHz dual-core processor, 15.6" 1366x768 widescreen LCD, 2GB RAM, 250GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA hard drive, dual layer DVD burner with LightScribe, 802.11n wireless, webcam, 6-cell battery, memory card reader, and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
Monday, January 03, 2011
The Business Software Alliance, a trade group representing large U.S. software vendors, estimated that 67% of software used in Russia in 2009 was pirated
Sunday, January 02, 2011
McAfee Labs Predicts Geolocation, Mobile Devices and Apple Will Top the List of Targets for Emerging Threats in 2011
This is the On Computers Radio show podcast for 01-02-11. You can listen live every Sunday from 11AM to 12PM Pacific that's 2PM to 3PM Eastern. Join us for the live show and chat.
1) Well it is a new year, and the beginning of a new decade, so why not start off with something that may indicate a rather extreme path to lowering foods world ecological impact. Well maybe, I first noted this subject a year or two back, and now it seems to be coming back. Here is another twist to ink jet printing, how about printing up dinner? Sorry think I will pass, but this looks like it will come sooner or later. http://www.dailymail.co.uk
2) Keeping with the New Year theme here is a link to 95+ predictions for the web to be coming next year, we will have to see. This year has a pretty low bar to top in order to be an improvement over the events of last year. http://mashable.com/
3) This is just one of those sites I am putting up that I have not had time to look into but it looked promising so I thought I would toss it in here, I am always looking for better searching tips. http://lifehacker.com
4) This is another subject that has always fascinated me; the understanding of the human brain has got to be the most important line of research. After all what line of study can be more basic than understanding our method of interfacing with our reality? If that interface is through the human brain it seems to me that everything else starts right here. The savants seem to connect in a much more direct way, even if it is limited in scope. http://www.degreescout.com
5) And for my first geek link of the year, how about 150 of the best Windows App’s from 2010, there should be a tasty tidbit of something here for just about everyone. http://www.addictivetips.com