Saturday, September 19, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
The 6005 Pro will also come with a larger conventional hard disk drive connected via SATA interface for storing data and documents.
I think this is a great idea.
An SSD for the OS and apps and a hard drive for your data. I love the idea.
I want one! :)
This sounds like a very cool program. If your student qualifies this is a nice way to get Windows 7.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
This second video is in four parts and is all about the four planes that attempted the strikes flights 11 75 175 and 93
2) Speaking of evolution, here is an article from the wall street journal talking about something that definitely fits, when talking about how technology is causing the human race to evolve. I found this rather disturbing at some level, there is something a little depressing about the generational shift caused by getting older. We want to sort of hang on to what we are familiar with. But, it makes me a little more comfortable thinking about leaving the planet in the next twenty years or so. Knowing I will be unable to adapt to the changes anyway, guess I can cancel the cryogenic plan. Any way pardon my drifting, an interesting read on technology and one of the evolutionary changes it is causing, even though that is not what the article is about, I am sure you will see my point. http://online.wsj.com
3) If this did not come from New Scientist I would not use it, but it does and it is very much in the news these days, so I am going to post the link. The article is about legalizing drugs in the U.S. I thought this was an odd place to find this article that seems to be pro-legalization. In my mind they make a lot of sense, it is something that needs to be addressed by our society. In my opinion the war on drugs is a total waste of money, time, resources, and creating criminals from our young. I was particularly struck by the comments, this is a magazine that would by its nature attract the better educated, and deep thinking readers on the net. The comments were mostly articulate, and overwhelmingly pro-legalization. http://www.newscientist.com
4) Wow here I go what a week last link about the war on drugs, and now right into 911, sorry about the politics Joe. But, we did just have an anniversary of the 911 event. I decided to spend that day catching up on what is new on that front. What I ran across was a recent English version of an Italian documentary currently showing in Europe. Sort of a Loose Change treatment, but I thought it was interesting to see what they think over seas about what happened, and how we handled it. The movie link is here http://video.google.com I also saved several other links, I am not using them here, but if you are interested drop me an email email@example.com use 911 for subject so I can sort them out, I will send them along.
5) As my geek offering this is something I got in an email, I looked at it tried to get a basic idea of what it was about. After five min of scanning for something that looked remotely familiar, and not finding it, I thought this must be the perfect place to put it. Just kidding it’s about a new open-source operating system that is supposed to make my life easier…Nine pages of geekese enjoy. http://www.haiku-os.org/
At eCost ViewSonic VX2433wm 24" Widescreen 1080p LCD for $186 shipped
· Click Here for below Newegg ad:
NewEgg has the GIGABYTE GV-R435OC-512I Radeon HD 4350 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card for $35 - $10 rebate [Exp 9/30] = $25 with free shipping. Good NewEgg.com user reviews. Features an HDMI port and a 650MHz core clock. $25 shipped
Click Here for below Staples ad:
Staples.com has the 100-Pack 16x Memorex DVD+R Media for $20, with free shipping on $50. A good price for name-brand printable discs
Dell PowerEdge T105 AMD Dual-Core 2.3GHz Server Desktop 2GB/2x250GB $279, PowerEdge T105 AMD Athlon Dual Core 2.3GHz Server Desktop Computer $279.00 after Coupon Code: 6WP$JMBQ324FF4 (Exp 9/16 or after 200 uses). $25.00 Shipping. AMD Athlon 4450B Dual-Core @ 2.3GHz; 2GB RAM; dual 250GB hard drives; DVD-ROM; gigabit networking; no operating system; 3yr warranty
Dell Inspiron 15 Intel Dual-Core T4200 2GHz 15.6in Laptop (3GB/250GB/) $449 Free Shipping, Dell Home has the Dell Inspiron 15 Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 15.6" Notebook Computer for $449.00 Free Shipping. 5.8lbs; 15.6" 1366x768; Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 @ 2.0GHz; 3GB RAM; 250GB HDD; DVD burner; 802.11b/g; Vista Home Basic; 4-cell battery; 1yr warranty + 1yr Lo-Jack Theft Protection
Crucial 8GB Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) $16 free shippihg at Newegg w email membership
Fry's - Lenovo 15.4" Laptop G530 / Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor T4200 $349.99 2GB Memory, 160GB Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW DL Ad for SJ, LA, DFW, HOU, Chicago, Phoenix, Austin, Sacramento, Vegas
Fry'e Compaq Presario Desktop PC SR5816 / AMD Athlon Processor 2ghz $299.99 3GB Memory, 250GB Hard Drive, Upgrade to Windows 7
HP Pavilion Slimline s3700y AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5000+ 2.60GHz Desktop - 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD, DVD at OnSake.com $300 refurbished
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5000+ 2.60GHz, 3GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM, 320GB 7200rpm SATA, DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti, 56K Modem, Fast Ethernet, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1 Learn more about the product