Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Update: School computer -JAVA I fixed it

The application they gave me to do repair requests is Java based. Well, from what I can tell the Java was not configured right. So, the application crashed or hung every time.
Everything goes through a proxy server here. Best I can figure they didn't "tell" Java that. There's an auto configuration URL they use for all school computers. I plugged that into the Java control panel proxy tab and Bingo! Everything started working. I called the "help" desk and told them what I did ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.